It has been quiet for the last months on our blog. Therefore, we’d like to give you an update on what we’ve been working on over the past months.
As you might have seen on our Facebook page, the Erasmate team was joined by a new partner responsible for IT few months ago. Would you like to get to know Martin a little better? Check out his LinkedIn profile.
After a thorough analyses of the backend of our current platform, we decided to re-build the platform. Few important goals for the new platform are to increase speed of the website, limit fraud sensitivity and allow easy expansion of Erasmate’s services in the future.
Over the past months our team has been working on the development the new platform. Now, technically the platform is almost ready to go online and we’re really excited about this. However, we’d like to present you our new platform including a new look and feel. We have had various talks with designers and will decide on which designer to continue with beginning of January. From then, we expect about 1-2 months to entirely re-design the platform and implement the various design changes. Meaning, our target is to surprise you with Erasmate’s new platform and identity by the end of February 2012. From then we’ll inform you about the various changes made. A tip of the iceberg: we’ll implement an auto-matching system for all uploaded search-profiles and offered housing on our website.
After the launch of our new housing module, we’ll continue with the expansion of our services and build a ‘university module’. Curious on what that exactly is? Stay tuned and follow our blog.
Lars, Martin and Jorn
Since the launch of Erasmate we have helped many people finding and renting rooms, unfortunately, we also received few emails reporting scammers on our platform. Although we have warned several times to be cautious when it comes to transferring money, some people became victim of scams.
Therefore we’d like to share a black list of users identified as potential scammers:
- Alex Guzman
- Daniela Andress Esser
- Dario Robles / Robles Liro
- Hooper Jane
- Jordan Cowell
- Juanita Gaviria Arroyave
- Julia Torrado
- Lea Ginette / Lea Gen / Lea Genetti
- Laureen Mourus
- Malleville Adrien
- Martina Spolini
- Mery Sankara
- Michael Cheng / Michael Ruben
- Roberto Lara / Roberto Lar
- Sonia Koneh
- Soren Wengerowsky
- Susan Rob / Rob James / James Robinson
- Sven Thorwarth
- Tessa Anouk
Although these users have been blocked from our system, they often re-register under other email accounts. Do you recognize part of their names in usernames or email addresses, stop your conversation!
How can you recognize a potential scammer?
* Invites to communicate via private email accounts (instead of via the Erasmate mailing system)
* Question to transfer X months of rent and deposit
* Telling some story about family members renting out the place
* Question to transfer money via WesternUnion
We recognize that all scammers ask for payments via WesterUnion. We recommend to only make payments to personal bank accounts.
In case you belief to be in touch with a scammer, quite your conversation and report to us!
We’re working hard on preventing scams. Soon our new platform with increased security standards will be launched in order to minimize scam activity.
Do not hesitate to spread this blog post to friends using our platform in order to increase awareness!
Best regards Your Erasmate Team
June and July are for most students the months in which they get to hear whether they can participate in the upcoming Erasmus exchange semester from September 2011 onwards.
Have you been accepted? Congrats! You’re awaiting one of the most beautiful experiences in your student life!
The Erasmate team notices an enormous increase in number of people visiting the website each day. Via this blog post we’d like to remind you of a few things:
* Please communicate via our mail functionality in order to minimize the risk of being scammed. We’re daily checking on the validity of our users and directly block users who appear to be unreliable lessors. When you communicate via the platform you’ll directly notice when someone is blocked.
* Next to the arrangements of your housing, you can book flights, arrange travel insurances, and buy your travel guides at Erasmate.com.
* Erasmate.com offers a legally binding rental contract in order to increase your security when renting or lessing an apartment. As we’re seeing an enormous increase in traffic the last months, we’d like to celebrate this and offer you our tenancy agreement for a 50% DISCOUNT until the end of August.
* We’d like to thank all of you who gave us input for the new website. We’re working hard in order to meet your wishes…Stay tuned!
Mates, live with passion and enjoy your journey!
Your Erasmate Team
As you might have seen, Erasmate is having a new homepage. We hope this new welcome page provides our users with more valuable information and makes it even easier to guide through erasmate.com. As always, we are open for feedback and input of you. Would you like to see something being change? Let us know!
Enjoy your Tuesday!
Recently, we added the Erasmus ShirtShop to erasmate.com and some new designs are just uploaded. Every now and then we’ll add designs, slogans and different kind of shirts to the shop. Make sure you check it out once in a while!
Any suggestions on what else to use? Let us know and we’ll make sure you can get your favorite Erasmus T-shirt soon after!
Over time we have received some great feedback of our users. We keep reviewing the website and it’s features and as always we need to have your input as well.
- What do you think of the current Erasmate website?
- Which features need to be improved?
- Do you experience any errors or problems while using the website?
- What features would you like us to launch in the future?
Your input is highly appreciated and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
The easiest way is to simply post your feedback here.